TOLLER PORCORUM PARISH COUNCIL
Welcome to the Parish Council Website, here you can find all the information about meetings, members and Council business.
Also links to websites for local services
The next Parish Council meeting is on
Wednesday 13th March 2024
7pm at the Village Hall
Vacancy for Parish Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer - Toller Porcorum Parish Council
09 November 2023
- Council Name: Toller Porcorum Parish Council
- Role/Job Title: Parish Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer
- Salary/Pay Range: Salary Scale 7 - 12 £22,369 - £24,496 pro rata
- Hours per week/month: Minimum 3 hours per week
- Closing date for applications: 2023-12-31
- Contact email: [email protected]
- Contact telephone: 01300 321011
- Council Website: http://www.tollerporcorumparish.org/community/toller-porcorum-parish-council-20178/home/
An exciting opportunity exists to join a ‘can do,’ parish council in the position of Parish Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer.
Toller Porcorum is a village of approximately 160 households, in the heart of West Dorset, just over 10 miles north-west of Dorchester, and 8 miles north-east of Bridport. It is truly a rural village with an Annual Precept of £7,750.
The parish council is seeking to appoint a forward thinking and proactive Clerk to support the work of the council, and to work closely and actively with the Chairman, Vice Chairman and five councillors to develop services and respond to resident’s needs.
The key duties and responsibilities are detailed in the Toller Porcorum Job Description and Toller Porcorum Person Specification.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have relevant experience and a track record of achievement, innovation and commitment to public service or are able to learn quickly. They must also be motivated and community focused and possess sound communication and organisational skills.
A Certificate in Local Council Administration is desirable but not essential, but a willingness to work to achieve this qualification if needed, is essential. An understanding and knowledge of local government organisations and procedures is desirable.
This post is ideal for a person currently or wishing to commence qualifying as a Clerk or a Clerk looking for few extra hours a month.
For an informal discussion about the post and copies of the job description and person specification please contact Neil Farmer, Chairman of Council. Telephone 01300 321011/07764376553 or email [email protected]
You may submit your CV or make a written application but you must explain:
• Why you are interested in the position, what you can bring to the role and how you believe you can help the Council deliver its main priorities.
• What relevant skills and experience you have (refer to Job Description and Person Specification)
Please provide 2 references which will be taken up if the offer of an appointment is made.
Please return your application to either:
Via email marked Private & Confidential to [email protected] or by post in a sealed envelope marked Private & Confidential to Cllr Neil Farmer, Rowans, Kingcombe Road, Toller Porcorum, Dorchester, DT20DG
Toller Porcorum Parish Council is committed to Equality of Opportunity and actively welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Dorset Council 20mph policy
Contact information regarding Road Safety
- Email contact for the Road Safety Team is: [email protected]
- The link to the ‘non-injury collision’ webpage, just click on the box with the words in them which then loads an online form: Non-injury collision Form
Link to DAPTC webinar with Dorset Council can be found here